This has been one of the best Christmas breaks ever. No shoots for a week! My house is actually clean, and have been able to spend some good quality time with the kiddos. Ginger bread houses, lots and lots of treats, skiing, parties, sleepovers and naps! Hope everyone had a great Christmas as well.

we got the cutest santa ever to come to our Christmas parties.

The kids made these adorable wreaths.

We always make the kids run through wrapping paper to get to their presents.

got these fun American girl doll organizers from ebay. Changed the pink knobs out with anthropologie knobs that the kids picked out.

Dan and I stayed up until 4:00am turning this barbie doll house into an American girl doll house. It turned out so cute! You can get a similar doll house on costco.com still. Just took the middle walls out and made our own. Used scrap wallpaper. Then made it a little taller. The girls love it!

sleep overs with their cousin. (not much sleep)

more cute persnickety clothes.

Dawn

Hi, I was wondering if you could post more info about the doll house you made? It looks like the kidkraft so chic doll house but yours is do much wider, did you completely change the floors to cover the stairwell? Thanks!

( Sep 3rd, 2013 3:17 am)
Shari @For the Little Doll In Your Life

First, your photographs are beautiful. Second, your Barbie house makeover is amazing! Great job! Slightly off topic – the fabrics in the window seat are great.

( Feb 8th, 2011 3:30 am)
Angela Harris

Wow~! They look like the luckiest little girls in the world! My daughters would LOVE those christmas gifts!

( Jan 25th, 2011 5:42 am)
katie

Hi Belle,
I think I got that shopping cart from Pottery barn.

( Jan 13th, 2011 4:29 am)
belle

beautiful!!! such great taste. where is that little shopping cart from?

( Jan 12th, 2011 2:17 am)
Kristen Harris

Wow beautiful pictures! I love the dollhouse as well! I would love to see more pictures of it. Is it AG furniture you have in it?

( Jan 11th, 2011 2:40 am)
katie

Hi Jessica- He just took the corner pieces out and made it taller. We also took out the middle and made those taller. We used 20×20 wallpaper samples.
Hope this helps a little.

( Jan 7th, 2011 6:22 am)
Jessica

Your photo’s are so amazing. I have been looking for a while now and this is my first comment.

My daughter saw your girls American Girl house and said, “I want that!” I would love to know how you modified your house to make it work for American Girls. My husband is thinking he may try and do something similar for her birthday :)

( Jan 6th, 2011 4:41 am)
Alisha Nuttall

Wow I’m impressed!!! Is there anything you two seriously can’t do? :) Cute cute cute!!!

( Jan 3rd, 2011 6:34 pm)
katie

Hi Taryn- My friend Lu showed me how to make them. But she found the link on this blog: http://calebdanielle.blogspot.com/2010/10/diy-yarn-wreath-with-felt-flowers.html
I had to do the flowers for the kids of course, but they wrapped it all by themselves and loved it.

( Jan 3rd, 2011 5:58 am)
katie

Hi Alison, I love these they are sturdy and great organizers. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Doll-Closet-American-Girl-size-Furniture-Wardrobe-18-/160486142927?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item6b1ac1c3f5

( Jan 3rd, 2011 5:49 am)
Alison Fulton

I have been hunting for an American Girl doll organizer…LOVE YOURS! Would you share which shop you got them from on ebay? Love your blog, love your pictures! You are so talented!!

( Jan 2nd, 2011 11:04 pm)
Chari

Kate & Dan- you guys are too cute! LOVE the Christmas highlights! We do soccer bags- you get dollhouses?? no fair! Thanks for the card- love it. Love you guys!
jon & chari

( Jan 2nd, 2011 9:51 pm)
Joy Stallard

I am in love with your reading nook Olivia is all nestled in. I am overwhelmed with the gorgeousness of everything else! Lyla is standing up! Wow! When did that happen?
Happy New Year Moss family! xoxo Joy

( Jan 1st, 2011 3:01 am)
Julie Pia

Dang Katie!
You really are ‘Mother of the year’. Could you get any cuter? Your lil’ girls are so lucky to have such a cool Mama!
It was great to run into you at Capitol Theatre the other day. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas.
Love,
Julie

( Dec 31st, 2010 6:05 pm)
Taryn Lawrence

I must first say I love your blog and all of your wonderfuly creative ideas!!!!! It definately shows what a wonderful Christmas you had! I have to ask……I loved the wreaths….How did the kids make them?

( Dec 31st, 2010 1:52 am)
Michelle

I love the doll house. That is amazing. You are so creative! You are great a decorating and just have the best ideas. Really the things you do just really stand out! You definitely have a gift. I am really enjoying following your blog.

( Dec 30th, 2010 6:59 am)
katie

Hi Julie,
I think your talking about the skirt that lyla is wearing with santa? I got them at the gap:)

( Dec 30th, 2010 4:09 am)
ashlee

could you be any freaking cuter, seriously! you transformed that barbie house into an American Girl Doll house!! you two rock! what a fun christmas!!!

( Dec 29th, 2010 5:26 pm)
Shannon

um did you just say “SKIING” i am so super impressed!! yahoo, let me hook you up with more ski stuff!! ha
Ok, love the new american girl stuff! you are so awesome, and love the doll house!! my girls are just starting to get into the “american girl” stuff.
gorgeous Christmas, and so glad your able to relax a bit!

( Dec 29th, 2010 4:22 pm)
Julie

Wow – what a FUN Christmas! And you captured it so well. I must ask … where are the white bloomers from that Lyla is wearing?

( Dec 29th, 2010 3:59 pm)
Leilani

The first thing I noticed… the size of those baubles at the bottom of the tree! HUGE! Too cool….
Such lovely pictures Katie. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!

( Dec 29th, 2010 1:56 pm)