Sorry I have been such a slacker on the blog,  and thanks for everyone’s patience on waiting for your pictures!  We had such a blast visiting grandma Moss in Hawaii, I’m glad she lives out there to finally get us out there!  My grandma is from Hawaii and while my grandpa was stationed at pearl harbor during WII he met and fell in love with her there.  Dan’s mom has had a lot of history in Hawaii especially with the PCC, it was so much fun seeing her there in her element.  Besides the speed limit and the over-priced Mountain Dew, we would love to live there.

Of course had to do a few product shots while we were there.  The headbands are from: www.etsy.com/shop/jadegal520 and of course the necklaces are from: www.miamoodesigns.bigcartel.com/

Got these cute swim suits from www.sassybabies.com

I asked Lu if she make some kites for the girls to play with on the beach and of course they turned out amazing!  You da best!

Nicole

I absolutely love your pics and color combos! What brand is the dress Olivia is wearing from Nordstrom? I absolutely love!

( May 22nd, 2013 3:59 am)
leah

these pictures are just beautiful and your girls they are such beauties! your family is so talented so gifted. Congratulations on your success and the new baby

( Jul 6th, 2012 7:46 pm)
katie

Amanda- I use photoshop and have a ton of different actions that I use.

( Aug 17th, 2011 6:07 am)
Amanda Rathbone

OMG LOVE this photo shoot ! What program do you edit with, and how do you get the awesome vintage color look??? Your family is amazingly gorgeous !!!!

( Aug 13th, 2011 6:03 am)
Amanda

OMG, I love all your photos but this shoot of your family is amazing !!!! What program do you use to edit,and how do you get the awesome vintage color look? AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!

( Aug 13th, 2011 6:01 am)
katie

Hey Tara- I would love to go with your cute family on your next vacation!

( Jul 21st, 2011 4:49 am)
Tara Callaway

What a gorgeous family!!! Looks like such a fun trip, can u come with us on our next vacation to take pics?!

( Jul 15th, 2011 10:28 pm)
Jordyn

These pictures are amazing. I especially love the one of your oldest daughter split jumping on the beach. I am a photographer too. I’m definitively not as good as you though.I just barely started. But I am so very jealous that your kids will be in so many pictures. My son runs away every time I pull my camera out.He is so tired of taking pictures.My daughter is better about taking pictures but even she still has to be in the picture taking mood. By the way my daughter’s name is Lyla too! I may have already commented about that a while ago. Any how…wonderful photos, really. As a new photographer I love coming here for ideas! :)

~Jordyn

( Jul 8th, 2011 5:56 am)
Dawn

These photos made me gush, absolutely fantastic! The girls are adorable and the colors are so cheerful!

( Jul 2nd, 2011 3:02 am)
Chari

P.S. I want Olivia’s swim suit in this last pic!

( Jun 30th, 2011 5:20 am)
Chari

LOVE EVErY SINGLE ONE OF THESE!!! You guys are the cutest family ever!- Kate, for real- you had better of the one of you and your girls enlarged on your wall right this minute! Beautiful!

( Jun 30th, 2011 5:19 am)
heidi

These photo’s are beautiful, all of your work is. You are so so talented!!

( Jun 29th, 2011 9:49 pm)
Michelle

I’m just speechless with the beautiful pics in this post. You are amazing and have just a gorgeous family.

( Jun 24th, 2011 12:50 pm)
katie

Hi Kayla- The stripe swimsuit is from Gymboree:)

( Jun 24th, 2011 6:23 am)
kirsten

where is the yellow swim suit from with the blue bow? So cute!!! I love it all!

( Jun 24th, 2011 5:19 am)
Kayla

Where did the ADORABLE stripe swimsuit in the last picture come from? : )

( Jun 22nd, 2011 6:38 pm)
bridal bouquet ideas

These photos are absolutely gorgeous! They really showed the magic of Hawaii and the joy shared by your family!

( Jun 20th, 2011 4:01 pm)
katie

Hi brandi,
I posted the links to the outfits in the family picts under the comments already:)

( Jun 19th, 2011 5:55 am)
susie

loove your photos..

( Jun 17th, 2011 10:18 pm)
brandi

Oh my, I’m dying over the cuteness!! Thanks for sharing these amazing pics!!! Love all the MJ, necklaces, headbands, little hats…cute!!!!! Where did the girls’ dresses from the family pics come from….presh!!!!!

( Jun 17th, 2011 9:40 pm)
Kristina

Your pictures are AMAZING, you brough tears to my eye with such love captured in the photos! BEAUTIFUL famiy, and INCREDIBLE photographer!!! Can’t wait to follow you.

( Jun 17th, 2011 9:27 pm)
Lazy Daisy Design: Photography by Teresa Henrie

When I grow up I want your life (since we are the same age!!)!!! Lovely pictures!! Such great models!

( Jun 17th, 2011 9:25 pm)
s h e r r y

:) These are TOO cute!

( Jun 17th, 2011 9:11 pm)
Michelle Kane

LOVE. I absolutely adore these images. We just returned from Hawaii too. I’ve yet to mess with the photos, but I certainly didn’t capture anything close to what you did. You have such gorgeous memories captured here.

( Jun 17th, 2011 8:59 pm)
katie

Briana- I would love to be your personal shopper! LOVE LOVE shopping!

( Jun 17th, 2011 6:18 am)
katie

Thanks everyone! Faith I used Michelle Kanes new actions.

( Jun 17th, 2011 6:17 am)
Kim

Katie, these are so classic! I just love them and you have such a beautiful family!!

( Jun 17th, 2011 3:46 am)
Erin

Hmm, my comment got deleted…

( Jun 15th, 2011 7:49 pm)
Roxana

Love all your photos!! Your girls are just adorable.

( Jun 14th, 2011 7:52 pm)
Becky

To die for! And I love Hawaii! Where are these cute chunky necklaces that your girls wear from?

( Jun 14th, 2011 3:05 pm)
Kara

Beautiful pictures! About the clothing, I am sure you find that as your daughter gets older, it gets soooo hard finding age appropriate clothing! My daughter is 10 but wears a size 12, and it is awful trying to find decent clothes. JCrew has been our go to for dresses. I just wish more companies would make clothing for these age girls!

( Jun 14th, 2011 2:48 pm)
Jade Alayne

I love every single picture!! you make me want to take pictures or go to hawaii… oh heck I want to go to hawaii and take pictures!! your a wonderful insiration! Thank you.

( Jun 14th, 2011 6:24 am)
Faith Evans

These are so cute! Your daughters are beautiful! How did you achieve that beach-wash look? Did you use an action set like Florabella?

( Jun 13th, 2011 8:45 pm)
Rory Drysdale

These are such lovely pictures, Katie! Your family photo is breathtaking! AMAZING!

( Jun 13th, 2011 4:05 am)
Jennifer

OH. MY. Goodness. What amazing photos! Just goes to show you can pose and plan away and still get that “un-posed” priceless look. The one of the three girls in swimsuits and caps MUST be a gallery wrap in your home!!!

( Jun 13th, 2011 1:14 am)
Taryn B

The photos are AMAZING, the girls are ADORABLE and their outfits are just too stinkin’ CUTE! LOVE this post! : )

( Jun 12th, 2011 7:48 pm)
Danielle McCarty

These images are fabulous! You have a beautiful family; loved, loved, loved looking at these! :)

( Jun 12th, 2011 11:49 am)
Michelle Monson

LOVE EVERY SINGLE PICTURE! They are all just beautiful!

( Jun 11th, 2011 11:44 pm)
Tracey Leigh

Olivia just slays me…. She has such a serene gaze and her poses are so natural. This girl could model for the big New York agencies.

( Jun 11th, 2011 5:27 am)
Holly

These are so stunning! Love the beach shots, what beautiful images and looks like you guys had a blast!

( Jun 11th, 2011 3:02 am)
La Flor Couture

What a wonderful vacation! My husband and I moved there as Newley weds and attended BYU Hawaii so I have a special spot in my heart for all of the places I saw you visit on this post. I am so craving a Matsumotos right now! Glad you had a nice break and love the beautiful pictures!

( Jun 10th, 2011 11:24 pm)
Emily

Oh wow, these are absolutely stunning! You are amazingly talented. I need to take you on my family’s next beach vacation! May I ask how you achieve that sun-kissed, hazy look? Do you use specific actions? I completely understand if you won’t share, but if you feel so inclined, I would SO appreciate it! That look would be stunning in my girl’s room!

( Jun 10th, 2011 11:19 pm)
Shannon Stuno

Great shots! What a fabulous family memory for your girls! Love the one of them with their swim caps on too adorable!

( Jun 10th, 2011 3:05 pm)
Niina

Amazing photos, each one of them!

( Jun 10th, 2011 10:33 am)
Briana Millett

I can’t get enough of these!!! Come be me and my girls personal shopper, kay?

( Jun 10th, 2011 5:55 am)
Kelly Stewart

WOW! Love this post!

( Jun 10th, 2011 5:26 am)
allison

ah. Looks like you had so much fun! I love all the pictures… back to real life. boo

( Jun 10th, 2011 3:11 am)
Erin Langstraat

HOLY COW!!!! So worth the wait in posting! Those pictures are to die for!!! I absolutely LOVE each one!!!

( Jun 10th, 2011 2:11 am)
Kim Bair

Katie, your pictures are amazing!!! I especially love the bathing caps! My husband and I went to Maui a few years back and we loved it there, but like you said expensive. You inspire me to be a better photographer!!

( Jun 10th, 2011 12:01 am)
Kate

Oh Katie! Each picture is breathtaking – gorgeous family, gorgeous photos. You are so blessed. Looks like you had a beach to yourselves too which is a nice bonus! :) Love Lu’s kites – what a fun carefree shot. BTW, you have INCREDIBLE styling talent…can Audrey have Lyla’s hand-me-downs?! Glad you had a great vacation, it’s surely deserved!

( Jun 9th, 2011 9:53 pm)
katie

Hi Krystal- The yellow swimsuit is actually romper that I got the lame place as the headbands. http://www.etsy.com/shop/jadegal520
Mya’s dress is from mini boden, olivia’s is from Nordstroms and Lylas is Matilda Jane. The maxi dresses are from my FAVORITE new store http://www.nextdirect.com
The orange bikini is from jcrew. I know I have a little shopping problem:) Its a rite off though right? The camera’s are just from amazon. Swim caps are from http://www.headcovers.com/
We mainly used the Nikor 70-200 2.8. I think that is everything.
Marissa, I will totally come with you on your next vacation, if you come on my next one:)

( Jun 9th, 2011 8:33 pm)
krystal

I love them! You do such an amazing job! Would you mind telling we where you got your girls yellow swimsuit and your girls dresses that they are wearing in the family picture. You not only take beautiful pictures but have a talent for clothing as well!

( Jun 9th, 2011 5:25 pm)
Melissa Brown

These are so beautiful!! I love the soft beach light! Are these shot with natural light, or did you fill with flash? Gorgeous work and family!

( Jun 9th, 2011 5:21 pm)
Amanda Richards

Amazing! What lens did you use here? 85mm? Beautiful and it looked like so much fun!

( Jun 9th, 2011 3:57 pm)
Kathi

Beautiful photos!!! Where did you get the adorable orange bikini?

( Jun 9th, 2011 3:27 pm)
marissa vargason

These are fabulous family photos! your kids will cherish these memories forever! can I just stick you in my pocket with your camera for our next vacation? =)

( Jun 9th, 2011 1:36 pm)
Eunice

These are fabulous…ok you have to tell us where you got the girls long maxi dresses..and their swimming caps and your oldest daughter’s dress with the turquoise belt…I just love these pictures it looks like you all had a great time

( Jun 9th, 2011 1:34 pm)
Joanna

OMG this images are so precious! I cannot pick my favorite because I LOVE them all…

( Jun 9th, 2011 1:07 pm)
Sandy

I LOVE your pictures…all of them are beautiful! What great memories! Where did you find the kid cameras? kites? swim suits (2 piece orange and 1 piece yellow). Thx!

( Jun 9th, 2011 1:01 pm)
Miss Giny / Au Pays Des Merveilles

GORGEOUS ! Your girls are so cute ! ^^

( Jun 9th, 2011 7:18 am)
katie

That last pic of your girls is priceless! Your family pics turned out great too. So nice to have captured so many family memories :) Thanks for linking up!

( Jun 9th, 2011 7:12 am)
katie

Thanks Laura- I think the kids were a little burned out getting their picts taken by the end:) I’m so glad dan’s brother was there to take those few shots of us.

( Jun 9th, 2011 6:28 am)
Gallery by Laura Photography

Gorgeous post. You got an unbelievable amount of amazing pictures. I love the family picture with everyone’s face looking up at the camera.

( Jun 9th, 2011 6:08 am)